5 Simple Beauty Tips and Tricks20:54
A couple of months back I began slacking on applying face and hair masks, cleaning make up tools and taking care of my skin - other than just my face. Recently, I have gotten back into somewhat of a beauty routine. Back before I slacked I tried and tested quite a lot of different tips and tricks I'd come across, these 5 I'm sharing today are the ones I came straight back to.
1. First of all a honey face mask once every fortnight as honey has many benefits for the skin such as :
- Great for healing spots as it is has antibacterial properties, therefore reduces any infections.
- Moisturises the skin, making it soft and supple leaving you with a glowing complexion.
- Can help with anti-ageing as it contains many antioxidants.
I simply apply a thin layer all over my face, avoiding my eye area, and gently massage it in. After 30 minutes I wash it off.
2. Next is using conditioner for shaving. Yes I know it may sound a bit strange, but I find it works better than the shaving creams I've tried. Just apply a generous amount of any conditioner to dampened skin and once you have shaved wash away any residue and you're left with soft, smooth and moisturised skin.
3. This next trick is something you could use before the tip above to achieve even softer skin, it is an easy home-made scrub. It is something that can be thrown together in a minute, with the added bonus of smelling delicious too!
Simply melt 1tbsp of coconut oil, it only takes a few seconds, then add in 3-4 tbsp of brown sugar, mix and apply to wet skin. The brown sugar gently exfoliates while the coconut oil leaves the skin feeling lovely and soft.
4. Once every fortnight I like to mix in 1tsp of baking powder into my shampoo as this helps clean out any product build up.
5. This last tip is a way to reuse mascara wands, of course wash them first. I like to use them to separate my lashes after applying mascara as I find the it gives an overall better finish than if I was to try and achieve it while using a wand covered in mascara.