DIY Christmas Bunting10:12
Over the weekend I decorated my room all Christmassy, well apart from putting lights on my tree because I need to pick up some new ones. Since I only had my tree to decorate, I decided to make some simple Christmas bunting. It looks really lovely hung on my wall along with fairy lights.
They only took about 20-30 minutes to make and can be stored away for next year. I think they would look so cute hung across a fire place, along with some garland. You could also decorate with extras - ribbons, bows, glitter...
You will need:
- Lots of cardboard - cereal boxes are great
- Wrapping paper of choice
- Piece of paper
- Optional - any extra decorating items - glitter, ribbon, bows...
1. Firstly, draw a template onto your piece of paper, or you could use extra cardboard (I made mine 21cm along the top and 27cm down the sides). Then cut it out.
2. Next, draw around your template to create as many triangles as you would like (I opted for 7).
3. Then cut each triangle out.
4. Cut out squares of wrapping paper big enough to wrap around your triangles - this just makes it easier to work with rather than the full roll each time.
5. Wrap up each triangle, then gently poke a hole in two corners. I think there are special tools for this kind of thing but I just used scissors, then a pencil which helps make the hole more round.
6. Finally, feed you string through the holes of each triangle and hang.