Relax Evening Essentials

20:17


Every once in a while, I enjoy simply putting everything to the side and having a nice relaxing evening. Although I am guilty of always putting things off and saying ''I'll do it later'' quite frequently, on little occasions I won't worry about it and forgive myself.

During winter, these little pampering sessions are a perfect way to spend my nights. Don't get me wrong, I love the odd few in summer. But when it's all wet and cold outside, slipping into a warm bath and reading a good book or snuggling up to watch netflix with your favourite blanket and a cup of tea is amazing and comforting.

So today, seeing as I enjoyed one last night, I thought I'd share with you what I do and what products I use on these evenings.

First of all, I usually run a bath. This may be a little strange but personally, I'm not really a fan of a lot of bath products. I occasionally put a sprinkle of bath salts or some bubbles but apart from that my baths don't usually look very interesting. 

Avon clearskin pore penetrating mineral face mask and Boots Botanics iconic clay mask

Whilst the bath is running, I'll wash my face and put on a face mask. These two are my favourites - the Botanics Ionic Clay Mask and Avon's Clearskin Pore Penetrating Mineral Mask

Tesco's brown sugar and coconut oil - to make a homemade scrub

I'll then use a home made body scrub which consists of brown sugar and coconut oil. Simply melt 1tbsp of oil in the microwave and then mix in 2-3 tbsp of sugar.

Soap&glory products - heel genius foot cream and butter yourself body cream

Once I get out of the bath, I'll go a head and finish my skincare routine and then apply Soap & Glory's Heel Genuis and Soap & Glory's Butter Yourself.

Shot of legs with cosy socks and fluffy blue blanket on a bed

Lit tea light candles

Of course it wouldn't be a relaxing evening without putting on some cosy socks and lighting some candles. 

Nail varnishes in a row. Maybelline colour show in the colours 107 watery waste and 77 nebline. Rimmel London's lycra pro in 297 beige babe. Barry M in 304 mint green. Barry M chameleon range in 331 chameleon blue

Next, I usually paint my nails with one of my favourite colours : Maybelline's Colorshow in 107 watery waste or 77 nebline (which I don't think they do any more), Rimmel London's Lycra Pro in 397 beige babe, Barry M in 304 mint green or Barry M's Chameleon in 331 chameleon blue.

cup of tea in a cat mug and The Maze Runner book by James Dashner

Netflix - search page. Showing pretty little liars, 90210, vampire diaries, breaking bad, sons of anarchy, dexter, the goodwife, walking on sunshine, vampire academy, lol, clueless, just go with it, a haunted house 2, white chicks

Then I'll spend the rest of the night either reading my current book or watching netflix. 

Fluffy blue blanket and bed spread

What are your favourite ways to spend a relaxing evening? 

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. I'm guilty of not allowing enough time for this too! Soap and Glory is absolutely brilliant. Agreed on the cosy socks and candles too!
    lily x
    www.jolihouse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a whole bunch of soap&glory products for Christmas so I'm stocked up haha

      Delete
  2. What a great post, I really need to start relaxing more and learning when to switch off. xox

    http://www.rainbowsandunicornsblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and they're brilliant when you get round to having a nice chill night

      Delete
  3. I love this post! I love relaxing evenings and you know how to do them perfectly! I want those socks!!! xxxx
    http://roziebud.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and haha they are so warm

      Delete
  4. I need to have a girly me time night, face mask, exfoliate, paint my nails. Already keen for that.
    Tegan xx - Permanent Procrastination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're perfect! Thanks for reading Tegan

      Delete
  5. This sounds like the perfect evening, and definitely something that I need to make the most of before baby arrives. Is it really wrong that I am actually usually too lazy to bother pampering myself?

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy it whilst you can and I'm the same, I'll go through periods where I'm pampering myself every weekend and then go weeks without.

      Delete
  6. I just adore homemade body scrubs. Brown sugar & coconut oil is the way to go & all natural.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and its great at moisturising too

      Delete
  7. love this post! I wish I had the time right now to take a pamper evening... argh exams.
    Totally with you on the home made body scrub. The uses I have found for that tub of coconut oil are seemingly endless!

    Also loving the photos :)

    little miss fii | Fii x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your exams. Maybe a little face mask will relieve some of the stress? And thank you : )

      Delete
  8. I keep hearing great things about coconut oil and I'd really like to pick some up for myself, must add it to my shopping list.

    Relaxing usually involves me pulling the duvet onto the sofa and sitting down to a movie or many episodes of the same TV show. As I don't have a bath, it's a nice hot shower and a hair mask for me :)

    ~ K

    www.crumbsinthebed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really try it out, it's so good for so many things. And I love a nice warming shower too, but I can't read a book in it haha

      Delete
  9. This is a wonderful post! I love that clear skin avon face mask I use it all the time its one that really does something for my skin! & I'll have to try that homemade face mask I'm always looking for new ways to pamper :-) x

    heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree. Definitely give it a go its amazing.

      Delete
  10. All I have to do is see a candle and I feel relaxed. Love this post, I really need to a pampering evening x

    pintsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I may have to light one now and thank you : )

      Delete

Subscribe