My Most Embarrassing Moments...

16:28

18 years ago today, on the 18th March 1997, I was born. What does that mean? I can now go out to pubs and clubs in the evenings, legally buy alcohol, have a nice alcoholic beverage with my meal at restaurants etc...Let's face it, I probably won't do that. I'll probably still spend my Friday and Saturday nights tucked up in bed with a cup of tea and a good film. Not to mention the fact that I still look about 12.

Within those 18 years (wow, I don't know whether that makes me feel quite old saying that...), I've done quite a 'few' embarrassing, awkward or just plain weird things. The other week, whilst I was re-watching some of Dan (danisnotonfire) and Phil's (amazingphil) videos in which they seem to constantly share their embarrassing moments, it got me thinking about mine. I jotted down the first few that came to mind and thought it'd be kind of funny to share them. Here goes...

My most embarrassing moments

The Stage Incident

So I did music as one of my GCSE's and part of the course was to perform as an ensemble. Our group decided we would enter a local competition that was auditioning around different schools - this itself was a bad idea to start with as I literally cannot perform well in front of people, I'm just prone to mess up. I'm happy with just a small audience of myself. For this reason I simplified my part right down to just basic chords. 

It came to performance time, in front of a hall full of other students and the judges, and I had to open the piece. The moment I pressed down on the keys, I had made a mistake! Completely the wrong notes and you could tell! I couldn't cover it up so I literally stood up and said something along the lines of ''oops, wait...oh dear I did it...let me start again''. Bearing in mind I am quite quiet, shy and one of those that only really speaks around friends.

The reaction from the audience was split. There were those that did one of those 'what the heck?' not funny laughs (not the HAHAHA type of laugh more like a ha -hopefully you know what I mean). Then there was those that just sat in silence that made the situation awkward.

The Bus Incident

I was spending the day in Manchester with some friends and was using the buses for the first (and last) time. My friends had already gone and sat down whilst I was getting my ticket. In my town we don't have a panel between us and the driver, so normally they can somewhat clearly hear me. I was trying to tell the driver where I was going and the people behind me started getting annoyed,well I kind of repeat myself about 5 times, as well as the driver frustratingly repeating ''what?!''. As I knew that the ticket only cost £1, I simply held up my £1 and shouted ''pound'' - making me look like an incapable human being in front of a bus full of people. 

I often do speak too quietly, but I didn't realised it so much until this happened.

The Misheard Incident

Around Christmas time one year I was walking home and bumped into a family friend, who was busy running tidying out the car or something. She started a causal conversation on the generic ''how are you?'' kind of topics - basically small talk, which I'm no good at. Then she asked me if I was ''all set for Christmas?'' and I replied with ''you too'' and happily walked off. It was only when a few seconds later when I realised what she had said. I though she had said ''Merry Christmas''... 

The Mistaken Car Incident

Whilst walking to school one morning, my friend and her dad passed in their car; very kindly they turned down a side street to give me lift. As I turned down the street I spotted, what I thought to be, their car and got in. There wasn't anyone in the car and I just assumed they'd gone into the shop, so I sat a waited for a few moments. But then I looked up and saw my friend and her dad sat in a car across the road... 

Luckily the person, whose car I was in, didn't see me. But I'm still confused as to why they had left it unlocked and unattended.



Whenever these types of moments pop into my head, I want to shrivel up into a ball of embarrassment and other times I laugh way more than I should at them. 

I'd love to know what your most embarrassing moments are!

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Hahaha I love this! I wanna do a post like this now, god knows I have enough things to write about haha x

    Hayley-Eszti | www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'd love to see you do a post, it's such fun writing and remembering about embarrassing moments!

      Delete
  2. OMG you just gave me an embarrassing moment yourself. I'm on my way home by train (completely full of people) as I write this, and I just started laughing while reading your moments. I tried to control it but my effort just made it worst hahaha oh Lord lovely!
    By the way, happy birthday!! :) I hope your day as been good so far! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness that's brilliant!! And thank you : )

      Delete
  3. Haha I love this idea for a post! The 'misheard incident' is the sort of thing that happens to me and then I can't stop thinking about how embarrassing it was for like 5 years afterwards :') Happy birthday by the way!! x

    http://gingerphoebe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling of incidents just popping into your mind at random points years later and thank you : )

      Delete
  4. Ooh these are quite bad! I'm glad though... I thought it was just me who had a past life peppered with mortifying incidents! Like the time I started a new school when I was 14 and had my trousers pulled down by my new 'friend' in front of the whole class.... pretty much scarred me for life! haha. Lucy, aspectatorsport.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have them haha! Oooo that sounds like a lovely introduction and you've just remind of a moment similar to yours - a friend pulled my leggings down before we were going to go on stage once (luckily it was only in front of a small group and I managed to pull them up before we went on)

      Delete
  5. We have all had "these" moments! Thanks for sharing with Idea Box link party to remind us we are all human :) Can't wait to see what you share next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! They're great to look back an laugh at and you're welcome, thank you for stopping by : )

      Delete
  6. I love reading these sort of posts, they always make me feel much more human and less embarrassed about all the ridiculously embarrassing things I've done in the past ;)

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading them too, we all do embarrassing things and it's nice to be able to laugh at others embarrassing moments haha

      Delete
  7. Omg the car one is so funny! I would kinda be freaked out aswell! I've had loads, the most memorable being in maths class in high school where I got bored and started swinging on the back legs of the chair only for the chair to fall with me in it. I spent 5 minutes just staring up at the ceiling whilst in the chair acting like nothing had happened to hide my embarrassment until everybody burst out laughing and the teacher finally realised what had happened!

    Sarah

    https://everydayconcepts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness haha! I always use to swing on my chair but luckily never fell off - I can imagine how embarrassing that would have been

      Delete
  8. So cute! I love the Mistaken Car Incident :) Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'll definitely be coming along again this week

      Delete
  9. Haha I love this post! It's so honest. You're only human, we all have embarasing moments! One of mine is when I thought there was a dog in the car next to my friends in the car park. We were leaving and I said "look at that hairy dog" which turned out to be a girl with her hair over her face and also it turned out I had forgotten to put the window up so they all heard me! The looks they gave me where so bad! I felt awful!! So embarrassing!!

    Emma Xx

    www.emmaslookingglass.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness haha! We all should embrace those moments!

      Delete

Subscribe