New Stage | Life Update

09:00

It's weird to think that in just a few days I'll be packing up the car with most of my belongings and moving just over 2 hours away from home. This time next week I'll be at university.

Growing up, I was never that interested in going to uni, I thought I'd just finish college and go straight into a job or apprenticeship so that I could learn whilst doing. But, around March last year, a few months into my AS levels, I started to really enjoy learning about psychology. This then got me thinking about possibly pursuing further education to learn more about it and here I am today with only a few days left before I do pursue it.

But please, don't ask me what I want to do with life, what do I want to do after uni etc because in all honesty, I have no idea. I know that I enjoy studying the subject but have no clue where I want to go with it. That's OK isn't it? To be honest, I don't even know where I'm going with this post, I just wanted to have a bit of a ramble, chatty post. The kind of things I talk to myself about.

Currently, I'm feeling a complete array of emotions. I'm so frickin excited, but at the same time I'm terrified. I'm really happy to be moving away and meeting new people, but also sad to be leaving all my many friends (dat sarcasm,). It's weird. And, yes, I know everyone feels the same or, to put it like everyone says, 'everyone is in the same boat'. Can I just say that saying that makes no impact on me at all, it really doesn't help ease the nerves or anything - but hey, thanks for the effort of trying.

Packed Car | Moving To Uni
Source
Like many others, although I'm looking forward to it, I'm also worried about the whole meeting new people, making new friends thing. I'm quite quiet. Shy. Introverted. I like having those one or two people around, you know, that certain friend or two who you, in social situations, make you feel more comfortable and you can fall back on them to have a conversation with so you don't look awkward. I've named them the 'social rock' friend. (Friend, you probably know who you are, if you happen to be reading this then shout out to you. Thanks for being my 'social rock').

However, I won't have anyone I know around which is both and good and bad thing. It's bad because there is the risk of me staying in my 'shell'. But on the other hand, it's good because I'll be forced not to rely on others in situations and be my own social rock (I just won't be able to have conversations with myself, as that would be weird whilst around new people).

So, yeah, meeting new people will be a thing, but also I'll be living with people - which I feel like will get some getting use to. Thankfully, I have a room to myself, I genuinely don't know how I'd cope if I had to share with someone because I need alone time. Seriously, if I was around people almost 24/7, I think I'd break after, at the very least, 3 days! 

There is only one other girl I'm aware of that I'll be living with, the others either aren't in the facebook group or have seen me and been like 'oh dear, I think I'll see if I can change flats'. 

But one thing I am wondering is what the whole kitchen situation will be like. I'm probably going to sound quite selfish saying this, but I can get a little possessive of any belongs - even food and drinks. And currently, I'm not really feeling the whole sharing, communal living thing. Who knows, my flatmates might feel the same way, or they could want to share everything. I'll be fine! As I keep telling myself.

Of course, I have to mention that I'm looking forward to focusing on just one subject that I enjoy, you know how it is blah blah blah. But I just don't know what to expect with the workload and everything. Also, not really concentrating or learning for like 3 months (I know that's nothing for those who have taken gap years) feels very odd, I feel in some sort of hovering stage. I'm guessing it'll take me a good few weeks to get back into the swing of things.

Okay, I think I've rambled enough. I'm just going to leave you with a nice cheesy quote about new beginnings. 

New beginnings quote - ''Let yourself move to the next chapter in life when the time comes. Don't remain stuck on the same page.''



Please will you help me out by taking my reader survey? Click on the button below or here, it will only take a few minutes! 
 photo Survey Button_zpsrxs1tqkd.jpg

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Ah, good luck! It's been three years ago (today!) since I moved to uni and I'm itching to get on with final year now. Keep us up to date - and let me know if you want someone to talk to! x

    NINEGRANDSTUDENT: A Student Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! I sure will do : )

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading your blog posts about your new chapter in life, Kathryn! Don't stress too much about this big change - I'm sure you will make some great friends and you'll adjust easily to the uni lifestyle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Kathryn!! You'll have a great time.
    with love, Laura
    xoxo
    www.cathaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always so amazed by you! Great post! Pinned and tweeted. I appreciate you taking the time to party with us. I hope to see you on Monday at 7. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, I love taking part each week

      Delete

Subscribe