Chewy Chocolate Orange Cookies

09:00

The combination of chocolate and orange is always a winner in my eyes - especially around the Christmas period. I mean everyone enjoys a Terry's chocolate orange right? There isn't really anything I miss being a vegan, apart from a bit of Terry's chocolate orange, but these cookies have definitely taken over the love.

Chewy Chocolate Orange Cookies - Delicious festive vegan cookies, perfect festive crowd pleaser.

Whenever I'm creating a new baking recipe, I never really stick to specific quantities and go at each new recipe with a blank piece of paper. This allows for a range of different textures and different bakes - basically I just never look at old recipes for guidance because I'm lazy and instead just throw things in and hope for the best (don't judge). If they turn out alright, I work on perfecting it.

One thing I've been really wanting, is a good chewy cookie, you know like Millie's cookie style. I may have only ever had a Millie's cookie once, but it was like the perfect texture - crunchy on the outside and chewy in the centre.

Chewy Chocolate Orange Cookies - Delicious festive vegan cookies, perfect festive crowd pleaser.


It's actually quite dangerous when I make these, it is so tempting to eat the whole batch in one go, whilst doing some uni work (aka pretending I'm doing important things on my laptop when in actual fact I'm wasting hours watching whatever on YouTube or Netflix).

Best thing about them is they are quick to make. Pop them in the oven before you have friends or family coming over during the festive period and they'll arrive to a house smelling amazing and delicious freshly baked goods. But don't do what I did and whip up the batter, ready to place them in the oven, only to realise that you haven't turned it on...

Chewy Chocolate Orange Cookies - Delicious festive vegan cookies, perfect festive crowd pleaser.


print recipe

Chewy Chocolate Orange Cookies
Deliciously chewy chocolaty cookies, perfect festive crowd pleaser.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1/4 cup Cacao powder
  • 60g Non diary butter
  • 1/3 cup Dark brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup White sugar
  • 50g Dark chocolate
  • 1 (1tbsp milled flaxseed + 3 tbsp water, leave till gelled) Flax egg
  • 3/4 tsp Orange extract
Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 180° and grease baking trays2. Cream together the butter and sugar3. Add the flax egg and orange extract4. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 10-20 seconds, or create a a bain marie (dish over boiling water)5. Add the chocolate to butter and sugar mixture, mixing well6. Lastly, add in the flour and cacao in intervals, making sure to combine the mixture well7. Scoop tablespoon amounts onto the greased baking trays and flatten with a spatula.8. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will be soft when they come out of the oven, so allow to cool before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 10 Cookies

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I use to get those Terry Oranges in my stockings, and kind of miss them myself. These cookies look like a delicious replacement though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, always a stocking filler, it's just the combination of chocolate and orange together goes so well

      Delete

Subscribe