Easy Vegan Baked Turmeric Oatmeal (Dessert for Breakfast)

08:00

Easy Vegan Baked Turmeric Oatmeal (Dessert for Breakfast) - Quick to pop in the oven for a delicious weekend breakfast with wonderful health benefits

When it comes to weekend breakfasts, or brunches, I'll admit I very rarely bet adventurous and venture from my daily bowl of porridge....But, if you pop that bowl in the oven (not the literal bowl because that probably isn't oven proof) then technically it counts as a difference.

A few months ago, there seemed to be a new 'trend' circulating the YouTube world in 'what I eat in a day' videos and that was the obsession around turmeric. I'm not going to lie, when I saw people adding the spice, along with a pinch of pepper, to their oatmeal I thought they were crazy. But...then I tried it myself and was considerably surprised and now I probably have it everyday. People have talked about the many benefits it brings, and that the pepper helps it's absorption. However I am not a nutrient student and don't do a lot of the research myself so I'll link you to appleandamandas who explains it nicely.

Easy Vegan Baked Turmeric Oatmeal (Dessert for Breakfast) - Quick to pop in the oven for a delicious weekend breakfast with wonderful health benefits



print recipe

Easy Vegan Baked Turmeric Oatmeal
A simple, delicious weekend morning breakfast, pop it in the oven and enjoy practically dessert for breakfast. 
  • 1/2 cup, oats
  • 1/4 cup plant milk
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric
  • Pinch of pepper
  • 1 tsp flaxseed
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • Desired toppings - banana, raisins, peanut butter, berries etc
Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. 2. Mix together dry ingredients in an oven proof dish. 3. Pour in the milk and water, mixing well. 4. Place in the oven for 25 minutes. 5. Optional step, add some sliced bananas to the top after around 10 minutes. 
Details
Prep time: Cook time: 25 minsTotal time: 27Yield: 1 Serving

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe