Curried Carrot & Bean Veggie Burger

08:00

Who doesn't love biting into a burger (well if you can fit your mouth around it that is) and savouring all the flavours at once...

I have myself making extra food when I cook lately. Having leftovers for the next day, whether for lunch or dinner, is so helpful at times when you know you're going to be busy and could be doing something else in the time you would be cooking. Let's face it, I'm a uni student, yes I always have something I should be doing. Having healthy options to go to stops me getting carried with those packets of biscuits and suddenly the packet being empty... (ginger nuts, you are my weakness).

Curried Carrot & Bean Veggie Burger - Easy homemade vegan burgers that are perfect served on a burger bun with a good dollop of guacamole

These burgers are the perfect thing to have stored in the fridge (I haven't tried freezing them yet). I have found myself simply reheating them in the pan for around 5 minutes or in the oven for around 10 minutes, then topping them on a Buddha style bowl or making a quick burger. However, I will say that they are perfectly good cold on a burger bun with a good old slop of guac - especially when it's homemade bread.

 As a quick little note, I have taken some thought and I don't think I'm going to try and stick to a blogging upload schedule. Originally, I was aiming for every week on a Friday, but I found that a bit difficult to keep up with. Yes, I know some people upload multiple times a week or even daily, but as I said above I sometimes feel overwhelmed with uni work (and obviously I want that to take priority). As much as I love cooking and baking and creating recipes, sometimes I find myself making the same things out of pure time efficiency. But you'll still have recipes coming your way 😊

Curried Carrot & Bean Veggie Burger - Easy homemade vegan burgers that are perfect served on a burger bun with a good dollop of guacamole


print recipe

Curried Carrot & Bean Burgers
Delicious easy to make burgers that also make great leftovers for a work/school/uni lunch. 
  • 1 can butter beans, drained & rinsed
  • 1 large carrot, grated
  • 4-5 tbsp flour 
  • 1 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp dried coriander
Instructions
1. In a food processor, blend butter beans (or mash really well with fork or potato masher). 2. Once well 'mushed', stir through spices and carrot. 3. Finally add in flour a tablespoon at a time. You may find you need less or more than 4-5 tbsp. 4. Heat up a frying pan on a medium heat and add a dash of oil and allow to become hot. 5. Using a spoon, get a tablespoon amount and shape into a patty then place into the pan. Cook on each side for around 5 minutes, then serve up or place in a tupperware box to cool and place in the fridge. 
Details
Prep time: Cook time: 15 minsTotal time: 30 Yield: 6 patties

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe